Wednesday 30 December 2009


Coco Chanel said...

Obviously she didn’t mean turning up to a formal wedding in jeans and flip flops or going to an uptown restaurant in tracksuits. What she did mean was that overdressing gives out the impression and trying too hard and after all, for all of those who were as passionate about fashion as Coco knew that fashion should be effortless.
Personally I hate feeling both underdressed and overdressed but like many people I struggle to find a happy medium between the two.

What I’m trying to get at is that being overdressed is a sure sign for trying too hard and fashion shouldn’t be something that you are obsessed with, not something you obsess over.
Sometimes you have to take off all the accessories and just keep things simple and sometimes simplicity can be the best statement of all.



Juliet xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Not literally I hope... I love accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.this is the truth. i see fashion and to dress up generally as fun, but I caught myself sometimes being obsessed.
    Happy New Year
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete